2016 – PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN’S COMPETITION
Venue: Ardgowan Primary School, Greenock
Date: Saturday 19th March, 2016
The School will open at 12 noon. Registration from 12.15pm
The Competition has seven sections:
1. Primary 4/5 Individual Recitation – Any Burns Poem or extract (16 -30 lines)
2. Primary 4/5 Solo Singing – Any Burns Song
3. Primary 4/5 Instrumental – Any piece or selection of Scottish Music (No electronic Instruments)
4. Primary 6/7 Individual Recitation – Excerpts from the works of Robert Burns (25 – 40 lines)
5. Primary 6/7 Solo Singing – Any song by Robert Burns
6. Primary 6/7 Instrumental – Any piece or selection of Scottish Music (No electronic instruments)
7. Special Needs Schools – Art Competition. This is open to all children in Special Needs Schools.
The subject is an incident from Scottish history or from a Burns poem or song, with the title ‘ My favourite animal from a Burns Poem or Song’. Entries must be ready for judging 7thMarch.
Download Application Form here – Burns Federation Children’sComp 2016